Jay and Kelley's Ukrainian Trip

After three years and 14 days of waiting for our adoption, God has answered our prayers and we are now on our way to Ukraine. We have made this blog to help our family keep up with us as we go to find our new child. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 25

Another great day, we are getting closer and closer. Jay is changing our tickets to Friday, November 10th and if all goes well, which I believe it will, we will be arriving at 7:30 Friday evening at RDU. (Heath can you call me :))
We had a nice visit this morning, had to stay inside because it is getting a little colder and rainy. It was nice because we were the only people in the Music Room. We finally met the director of the Orphanage. She has been on vacation since we arrived here. She was nice, spoke no English, and ‘checked’ on us a few times. Thank goodness she didn’t ‘peek in while we were all doing somersaults in the middle of the room. (I am getting old, it hurt!) She (via Irena) told us we were picking up Charles on Friday? Haven’t heard from Svitlana yet on that one…..we will see. This evening was a little different; since we didn’t get to go outside this morning I think Charles was full of energy….full of something! He was silly crazy, running around, bouncing off the walls (not as bad as you are picturing) but would not sit still or listen. He and Jay rough housed for quite a while. The KGB couple’s little girl sat still and cute on the couch, while “nice lady’s” little one sat in her lap while she read a book to her! Charles had the run of the huge room and he took advantage of it! One cute thing happened when one of the workers came in, he walked up to her and told her that we were his ‘Mama’ and ‘Papa’.
I have been working on Jay’s ‘honey do’ for the week I am not there, so far it is only 2 pages! Not that bad, just a little rearranging of the house as you can well imagine, Dr. appointments, birthday party for a little girl turning one, and ordering wood to make me a bigger dinner table!
Tonight we are just getting a few gifts together for some of the women at the orphanage that have been kind to us, and writing in the children’s Bibles we scoured the city for. I think Jay has bought the entire city out!
I am mentally and physically exhausted as you can probably tell by the last few blogs. We are feeling the pressure of Jay leaving and the upcoming travel. There is no doubt in my mind that Charles and I will be fine, it is a little alarming thinking of traveling with out him. If I were in Italy, Spain or even France at least I could get by speaking a little and reading, but as I have said before I can not even begin to read one sign or speak a lick. I will be so glad to get back home! We have enjoyed this journey immensely and are so thankful for the support, love and prayers from all of you back home.
I must end and help my hubby……love to you all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home