Jay and Kelley's Ukrainian Trip

After three years and 14 days of waiting for our adoption, God has answered our prayers and we are now on our way to Ukraine. We have made this blog to help our family keep up with us as we go to find our new child. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Day 22

In seven days Jay will be back in the good ‘ole US of A! I know he is so excited. Keep your phone lines open, since it will be late and he will want to talk to everyone on the 3 hour drive home. Let him know if you are up to a call between 9pm to 11pm, but I know it will be too late for some. Even though he is leaving, I am just as excited to get Charles out of ‘Our Children’, get on the train to Odessa, and then the plane to Kiev to finish up the paperwork and get home too! Looks as though we may be home in time to go to Litton’s Playoffs in Charlotte. I am just guessing as I have not changed our plane tickets yet. Watch out Heath, we may be sitting on your front porch!
Just got off the phone with Oma. She sounds great and I am so excited that she is staying (I knew she would), so that she can get to know Charles before she leaves. I just can’t wait to get an Oma hug and have some time to unwind with her. As you all know, Oma and I can sit for days in our jammies and talk, watch the Hallmark Cannel and “Mary and the House”! Anyway we were talking about how we are going to rearrange the bedrooms. We are thinking that Litton will move to the downstairs bedroom with a queen bed, and the two twins will go in Litton’s old room for Charles. I know Litton wants to move down stairs and it will give him more room to have a desk and study area. (I am not sure he is excited about the study area.)
We had a good visit with Charles today, we played outside and got some cute pictures that we will download tomorrow when we go to the internet café and listen to Manassas St. Thomas’s sermon from last week. We will catch up on e-mail (Litton, yours never made it) and download pictures. I was reading some of the blogs, a few people said that they could tell a change in the pictures so we went back through all the pictures today and we think that he looks more ‘at ease’ or peace. He does look happier, thanks Cynthia and all of you who noticed it first. It really made us feel good looking back. Now we are just so ready to take him out of there. I am almost sick of the orphanage, it is a lot more difficult to leave him each day. I want to go see him, of course, but just want to take him with us when we leave. There is so much I want to show him and teach him.
I finished my one English book that I found at the bookstore, for all you literary folks, Molly, Dad, Jeanie, Howell….The Picture of Dorian Gray is weird! (Oscar Wilde) It was all I could find last week. If you have read it you will understand why Jay is not interested. By the way, were they gay or just weird? Today we went to three book stores and I found Good Wives (Alcott) and Kidnapped (Stevenson). There was another Wilde but I didn’t think I could do it. All the books are classics, which is nice (since I haven’t read many of them, just cliff notes :)) but strange, no good mysteries or easy read trashy books! I’ll let you know how these go, no book reports from me though!
Tomorrow, we will head out to the café, then maybe to the bazaar to find some shoes and undershirts for Charles. I think that is all we have left to get him. I can’t wait to get to Target! I will check on the kitty coat to make sure it is still there. Check the pictures tomorrow, I took one of the kitty coat and will send it! I am not sure what we will do in the afternoon……maybe just hang out and read, play cards and drink a little beer and Baileys. Wish we could watch some football games. If anyone gets a chance send us the scores of Nebraska, VA Tech and NC State. Actually I think Tech played Thursday? Just curious.
Well off to the land of Gin Rummy…….and some cheese and bread for dinner.
Love to you all………
Not so fast folks. I just wanted to be able to put my two cents in for today. I had a great visit with the kids today on the phone, and was talking to Litton before we were cut off. Just to let everyone know – from all reports the rut appears to be in full swing back in Carolina and it is time that the Van Der Werff clan opens up the safe, digs out the cammies and orange vests, grabs a couple of rounds (because we’re all real good shots), and head to the woods. I think this is the year that Litton will get a buck that rivals mine in the playroom. The rack isn’t huge, but it would be a good start for his wall. After that we just need to start adding…
Okay, that’s it. I just had to focus all of the men that are reading this blog, since some may get all caught up in the girl talk that goes back and forth about a daggone coat. I am not too worried if she does buy the coat, because I know where some of my old uniforms are that can be cut up and a couple of patches on the coat would fit right in.
Love ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home