Jay and Kelley's Ukrainian Trip

After three years and 14 days of waiting for our adoption, God has answered our prayers and we are now on our way to Ukraine. We have made this blog to help our family keep up with us as we go to find our new child. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Day 15

Happy Saturday…..we are just getting back from a long outing. We went to see Charles this morning and played outside. It was muddy/damp out so he got really dirty. I am trying to adjust to boys, sticks, rocks, falling down and sitting in the dirt. Of course my girls do none of that, those sweet princesses! We had fun just running around. It is amazing how Charles can find a toy in anything. He would rather play with a stick and a chestnut than anything we bring. We did find a Spiderman telephone today which I think he will love. I get to give it to him though, since Jay is ‘king daddy’ these days. I am the one who gets hit with the chestnuts and sticks! He just hasn’t learned who the ‘big boss’ is yet. :)
After playing we headed to the Baby World store. Rashid dropped us off and we told him we would walk home and would see him on Monday, since we can’t go see Charles tomorrow (Sunday). It was fun to see the toys and clothes in the store. Things are very inexpensive compared to our standards. We got the Spiderman phone and a sippy cup for traveling. I am not sure he even uses one, but I thought it would be good for the train and plane. I will take it Monday and see what he thinks. After Baby World we went to the Free Market, an outside market with everything you can imagine. EXCEPT strollers, yes ladies I am in the market for yet another stroller, for those of you who don’t know my stroller fetish I have no less than 7 at the moment in my garage. Jay is cringing with the thought of having to buy another one, but he knows that we must and is on the hunt for the cheapest one he can find. I say let’s get a cool one and get rid of one in the garage, he’s not falling for that again though. We did find some shoes, 2 sweaters, pajamas and a hat today. I found a cute coat but Jay thinks it is a girl’s coat because it has a cat on it……any thoughts from the gallery? Three-quarter length, BROWN, and a kitty on the bottom (Jay says ‘embroidered kitten” with the tail going around the back).
Come on girls, Heather, help me out here! Either help me out or put me in check.
Now we are back, Jay is eating Tonka gummies and I am getting ready to work on my new Sudoku puzzle I got off the internet at the café. We have a ton of Tonka and Nascar gummies that I brought to give the kids at Our Children, but they do not let the children have any candy or sticky sweets. I realize this is a blessing, because Charles and the other children I have seen have very nice teeth. So Jay is doing his best to consume them, I don’t like them or I would help.
I forgot to mention that we ate at a Mexican Restaurant for a late lunch. It was pretty good, the refried beans were a little different, but overall the atmosphere and food was good. I will definitely try it again.
Talked to Svitlana today and we are going to court on Tuesday. She will arrive here Tuesday morning and go over what we are to say in court. From there I believe the 10 day waiting period starts. That leaves us at Nov. 2 for picking up Charles, then on a train that day to Kiev arriving Friday morning, and hopefully starting some paperwork on that day. Jay leaves Saturday at 12:30 and arrives in Raleigh at 7:30 Saturday evening and home with the kids by 11 pm (can you tell I am jealous). Charles and I will work on paperwork the first of the next week and hopefully leave by Thursday. Of course as usual this is just our ‘guestimation’.
Love to you all………Hope Bunko is fun tonight! I wish I was there playing with Oma (watch out for her. She will take all your money; trust me, I have been to Vegas with her!)

p.s. - Jennie B. will you call Oma when you get a chance. She needs to talk about the field trip with you. She is wondering if you would take Amelia with you, since she can’t go.

Now a word from my sponsor………
Howell, I’m thinking the really good Woolrich, soft cami fleece in Cabela’s would be much better than some “kitty” on a jacket. I am already seeing that my task is laid out for me and I’ll need to watch how Kelley wants to dress him. I need to hit an OshKosh outlet for some overalls and maybe a few flannel shirts for the winter.
Kim, thank you for your note. We were really bummed that we couldn’t be at small group Wednesday night, but know that we were with you in spirit and prayer. And we were happy to hear the news about Zach and that things seem to be looking good there.
Litton, we hope you have a good game today. We’re looking forward to a full report tomorrow.
Jeanie, thanks for the call last night and taking the boys to the ball game today.
Oma, Litton should be able to find another flashlight around the house. There should be two more animal flashlights in the house, as well as a couple of maglights. If you still don’t have any success, there’s always the Dollar Store! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home