Jay and Kelley's Ukrainian Trip

After three years and 14 days of waiting for our adoption, God has answered our prayers and we are now on our way to Ukraine. We have made this blog to help our family keep up with us as we go to find our new child. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Day 12

Well it is now 5pm and I am still lying in bed since 8:00 this morning. Oops, did you think I had not gotten out of bed all day, well you are wrong. I’ve been to the potty at least 57 times. Yep, I got it (Stalin’s revenge, better known to you as Montezuma’s revenge!) So Jay has been to see Charles all by himself today. The good news is that Rashid is back and the Twinkie is up and running. Jay said that he can’t see where it was wrecked but Rashid is back and it only took Jay 15 minutes to get to Our Children this morning as opposed to the 30 it takes Yuri, the other driver.
Jay said that Charles was doing fine. They must have played pretty hard this morning, because Jay said that they had fun and Charles went down the slide for the first time. I don’t know why he didn’t want to previously but Jay talked him into it today. They played in the ball pit too. He wasn’t too interested in the books today.
I sit and spend my quiet time wondering what Charles will think when he sees our back yard and all the unknowns that are going to be facing him. How weird it will be to get in a car for the first time, see and ride a train and plane, stay in an apartment/hotel, sleep in a big bed, walk and shop in Kiev, eat out, have sisters and brothers, open a refrigerator, eat at the bar with his sisters and brothers, take a bath, I could go on and on. I was trying to give Litton an idea of what Charles has never seen…..as we were talking I was amazed at all that we could come up with and then overwhelmed with what we didn’t think of. Vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, sprinklers, battery operated jeep (he loves the picture of Olivia Mae riding hers) food, ice cream, Christmas! How scary for him. Can you image the sensory overload for the next few months?
I have been sitting here working on a Sudoku puzzle that is kicking my butt. Litton, I wish you were here to help me. Jay should be home in a few minutes and we will figure out something for dinner and I can promise you it will not be the little sweet pizzas or chicken wrap things we had last night! Probably rice for me. Oh how we wish we were home right now so we could go to Small Group tonight (in NC and in VA).
Tomorrow is Thursday and hopefully we will both be well and Jay does not get this stomach thing. The good news is Jay’s Doc gave us some antibiotics for just what I have, so I will be able to take it at 7 and maybe by tomorrow morning I will be better.
I am just sitting here rambling on so I will just post or maybe Jay will have some news for you………

Hi-di-ho neighbors! And family!! Kelley just informed me that she has never seen Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, so the humor was lost on her. After five and a half years of marriage, I am not offended. Many of the things that I find humorous the rest of the family just scratch their heads and shrug their shoulders. At least I’m smiling!!
Today was pretty good with Chas. I was a little intimidated going there on my own. It is nice when both Kelley and I go, because if one is doing something he doesn’t like we can usually bail each other out. Not a chance today. We managed to fill both hours with a lot of laughter and some play. Chas is definitely trying to see what he can get away with. This morning’s session allowed me to be pretty firm, since we were the only two in the play room.
However, this evening we were in the Music Room with the KGB couple and their “son” and soon to be adoptive daughter. Of course, I know that the KGB no longer exists, but… you can never be too sure. They “mysteriously” show up whenever I am around. How do they know????? I am thinking about buying some sunglasses that have little mirrors in them to see if they follow me down the street.
Okay, I’ve just been informed that I am “so weird”. We knew that already, though.
With the other couple there, Chas and I were not able to be too loud or boisterous. This also proved a little challenging as he continued to push the limits and I really didn’t want to have the KGB couple put in their report that I was disciplining our new son. I can see it now… I am being taken away in the back of some old Russian truck, under a tarp, and Kelley is back at the apartment sick as a dog wondering when I will come back to cook her some rice. Thankfully, that didn’t happen and Kelley got her rice.
Tonight’s dinner was rice and pork chops. Actually, they were more like rubber strands colored like pork chops. I haven’t eaten something that tough in quite awhile, and guess who forgot the floss?
Most are tired of the drivel, so I will let you go. Just know that we can not wait until we can get back home to friends and family. We are enjoying our time here with Chas, but want to be home. We appreciate all the prayers and help that everyone is giving Oma and the kids. Thank you!!
Hope everyone is doing great. We love and miss you……..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home