Jay and Kelley's Ukrainian Trip

After three years and 14 days of waiting for our adoption, God has answered our prayers and we are now on our way to Ukraine. We have made this blog to help our family keep up with us as we go to find our new child. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Day 2

Day 2- Sunday October 8, 2006

We went to bed around 11 pm after a few rounds of pinball on the computer…Jay is winning but I will catch up.
I couldn’t sleep for part of the night but with a few Tylenol PMs (thanks Ricia) I was able to fall back asleep and we slept until 1:30. I can’t remember the last time I slept that long, oh yeah, it was before I had children ? So after an hour of unsuccessful attempts to figure out the Bluetooth internet thing in the apartment we are heading out to buy a thumb-drive (why we didn’t bring one I don’t know, I guess it would have taken up too much space ?) At least that way we can send some pictures of our apartment. The bed is kind of hard, no box springs just the mattress, I feel like we are sleeping on the floor but I guess it wasn’t that bad, we slept for 14 hours.

Kim - I hope Hannah is feeling better and enjoying a huge stack of pancakes this morning.

Ricia - I will be praying for you and your first KVC meeting on Tuesday. I can’t think of ANYONE better suited for the job. Mark my words, you will take that program and make it the best there is. I do think that if you had any questions you could call Ingrid and she would put you in touch with Susan Watkins who is ours and is a really good KVC and has been in the system for years. Just a thought.

8:10pm our time, just got back from a full day of sightseeing. We walked to the Statue of Independence square and looked around. The main street “Khreschatyk” is closed from 11:00am to 9:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, so many people were walking the street and shopping. There is a huge underground mall (largest in Europe) that we looked in for a bit. It was neat, lots of European styles and American merchandise (way over priced) and then headed out to the local venders and did a little shopping. We didn’t make it to the metro, maybe another day. We had dinner at a cafeteria style restaurant. It was good and we are thinking that we will eat there more. The food was good and inexpensive. Lesya just called and said Irina will pick us up tomorrow at 11:30 to go to the State Department. Hopefully we will be able to hit the internet café as soon as we finish and let you know how it all went. We bought a thumb drive today so we could write in word and the go to the café and send. If you are reading this it worked.

I think we are attaching a few pictures of the apartment and the local area….if you go to Snapfish and they are there it worked. They are not the greatest pictures in the world, but they will give you a quick snapshot of our apartment and the city.

Love you all!

Amelia, tomorrow is the day we pick our baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home